Intern and Practicum Opportunities
TPPP has spots for select college and graduate interns from fields such as business, social work, public health, psychology, sociology, and information technology. Unless otherwise noted, all internships and volunteer positions are unpaid. Hours are flexible. To learn more about any of the opportunities listed below, please contact TPPP at email@example.com
Position: Program Intern
Description: The Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership (TPPP) seeks a detail-oriented, self-starter to assist with professional development programs. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain skills in non-profit program design and implementation with an emphasis on sexual health.
- Partner with TPPP Staff and Program Committee to create professional development programs that meet the needs of TPPP members.
- Learn the basics of program development, including writing objectives, marketing events and organizing logistics.
- Develop program materials.
- Identify and integrate trauma-informed, diverse resources into programs
- Participate in program implementation and evaluation
- Design flyers, invitations and other marketing material for programs hosted by TPPP.
- Research and draft grant proposals to fund programs
Position: Communications and Development Intern
Description: The Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership (TPPP) seeks a creative, self-starter to assist with development marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain skills in marketing and fundraising while supporting TPPP’s work in Missouri.
- Assist in planning awareness and fundraising events.
- Draft monthly eNewsletter.
- Designing flyers, invitations and other marketing material for events hosted by TPPP.
- Help with development of content (including graphics) for social media and website.
- Assist in organizing and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns.
- Reach out to TPPP members, community organizations, the general public and donors with the message about TPPP’s mission.
- Collaborating with staff on new/innovative ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
- Assist in preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
Position: Public Policy Intern
Description: Support advocacy and policy efforts for the Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership (TPPP). TPPP is looking for a proactive, organized, and committed individual to assist the organization with its advocacy and policy platform in the issues areas of access to reproductive care for young people and sexual health education. This position will support TPPP in advocacy efforts that impact adolescent sexual health and support the work of TPPP members.
- Analyzing local and state policies related to adolescent sexual health.
- Outreach to potential advocacy partners.
- Initiate grassroots organizing and/or policy projects of interest to the student that can benefit TPPP’s mission.
- Preparing fact sheets and other advocacy materials.
- Tracking legislation.
- Drafting letters of support for legislation/policies in TPPP issues areas.
Position: Community Partnerships Intern
Description: The Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership (TPPP) seeks a creative, self-starter to assist with building and expanding community partnerships. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience in non-profit program design and building programs and partnerships to scale.
- Partner with TPPP staff and partners to assist leadership, committee members, and volunteers in developing targets, programs, and measures.
- Develop materials and branding for the community advisory group.
- Collaborate with diverse groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Participate in developing and coordinating groups of community stakeholders.
- Attend and support outreach events, community coalition meetings, and trainings as needed
- Assess and evaluate youth-friendly services in the region.
Position: Administrative Volunteer
Description: The Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership (TPPP) seeks a dependable volunteer to assist with office support and organization. Bolster the work of the TPPP by volunteering as part of our office support team. Provide office support through your clerical skills such as filing, mailing, scheduling, etc. Experience in budgeting and QuickBooks is a plus! May include small projects to prepare for special events such as our annual conference. This opportunity is available for any amount of time, Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. Regular (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly) commitment preferred. This volunteer opportunity is ideal for someone who prefers to work behind the scenes supporting TPPP’s work in Missouri.
Position: Volunteer Hospitality Coordinator
Description: The Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership (TPPP) seeks a volunteer to create a warm and inviting atmosphere for our professional development programs. Help us engage professionals in learning by ensuring they have snacks, drinks and program materials. Will include small amounts of space set-up (coffee preparation and handout distribution for example). TPPP Professional Development events are typically held on Friday morning with set up prior to the event.
- Coordinate, manage, and schedule preparation of hospitality space for TPPP events.
- Identify and assess upcoming program logistics and prepare spaces according to group needs.
- Order and/or buy supplies for events within established budget (all expenses will be covered by TPPP).
- Attend events to establish relationships with TPPP members.
- Greet and orient members and guests.
Additional Information Regarding Practicums:
It is preferred that practicum students work with TPPP for two semesters. Practicum students needing supervision will need to find their own supervisor. It may also be possible for students may also become involved with TPPP as an intern or volunteer working on a specific project for a shorter period of time.
Please e-mail inquiries regarding practicum or intern opportunities here.